Untitled

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Infosys

12th July, 2004 - The day I joined Infosys.

The day I thought to myself - 'Shit, I'm making money'.
The day I left home for the first time.
The day I stepped out into the big, bad world.
The day the grain-of-sand-on-the-beach feeling hit me, harder than before.
All said and done, a day I'm sure I will remember for ages and ages.

2nd June, 2006 - The day I will leave Infosys.

No clue yet what Im going to feel. More sad than happy, thats for sure. Ha - I do have a clue :)
The last 2 years have been great and there is not a single unpleasant memory that I have. Of course, I got lucky - great gang during training, in the lap of luxury at Mysore, chill projects and fun gangs of people in Pune. Need I say more...

Chill projects had a lot to do with it, I guess. Thats where I really got lucky. I got to take off at 5.45 almost everyday, play, get the heck out, whatever. Work was such a small part of my life, I really liked that.

My first project - ICS.
Cute project. Interesting ML. I rocked! Week 2 I had turned the project upside down and we were finished a month before time. Everyone (my ML; team was him and me) dazed and completely shocked. Oh, that was fun...obviously, since people were singing praises of me :D

Then - CCA.
This was in early Jan and I have been here ever since. It was incredible at first, learning a new programming language, learning a new application. And I rocked yet again!! :D
Same ML, I think he had recovered from the shock by then.
But this project really has be an education. I have been fantastic at times, able to find solutions where a lot of people couldnt. I have messed up at times, usually in things so silly, its weird. The first appraisal was quite an experience...anti-climatic, because my seniors were pretty close friends by then, but still...

Infosys is an awesome place to work, there is just no denying that. I mean, imagine - youre bored so you just chill out in Coffee day! or a poolside! yes, there is a poolside inside Infosys. Every Infosys. You can play almost any sport you like on campus, its awesome.

But for the last 2-3 months, I have known to myself that I want to be doing something else - not just anything else, but something specific that I knew. And it worked out. I am off to IIM K to do my MBA - that rhymes - and Im totally thrilled. This could not have happened at a better time.

Thats the Infosys saga. It was good, especially since its come to a close when it has :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home