Untitled

Friday, June 09, 2006

My first Last Day

2nd June was my very first 'Last Day at work'!
It was pretty incredible. Everything seemed so different to me...because i would be seeing it for the last time! When i got onto the bus, I sat down thinking that this is the last time Im going to do this. The bus is extremely special and the thought that this would be the very last time I do this was a downer. I met some very special people on this bus.
Then there was breakfast for the very last time...another extremely significant event in the scheme of things :)
I could go on, but you get the idea...everything about the day was weird because it would be the last time I would do it. Just like that. One day youre doing all these things, routine for the last year and a half and from the next day it ceases to exist except in your thoughts sometimes.
I mailed a lot of people, telling them I'm off and 'keep in touch' and all...people replied too...i felt pretty good that they did :)
During the day many people came over to see me and wish me luck and stuff and people on messenger and mail and everything. It was a real good feeling...that there are these people who are going to miss you - be it for a little while. The guys in the project all came over to my desk and gave me a gift - it was really thoughtful, too, something they knew i would use. And then when I was leaving, I said bye to everyone, everyone stood and waited till I crossed the floor and walked out the door. After that everyone may have gotten back to work, but while I was leaving, they stood and waited till I had gone completely. I have no idea why I liked this so much, but I did. It made me feel very good.
I left on very good terms. Thats why all this was so great. Im very glad things didnt get screwed up. I had a good time at Infosys and I would have been upset if things had gotten sour. I am definitely going to miss the place...at least for a while.

2 Comments:

  • Yeah man..tat is y I was so kicked abt all this..first resignation and stuff like that..

    By Blogger Shreya, at 12:28 PM  

  • Oh man, I felt the same. Although exits are slightly different in the US - we went out for happy hour. And yeah, it's truly amazing to see some responses from your peers and superiors.... talks about the butt you've kicked the impact you've had and the business you generated. It's a great feel, surely.

    By Blogger Neo, at 2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home